The Hintertux glacier is one of Europe’s largest year-round skiing operation. The Hintertux Glacier often has one of the largest ski areas available in the northern hemisphere in summer, along with Zermatt it is one of only two areas in the world that aims to open every day of the year. This area expands to 60km of natural snow ski runs from October until May. The glacier is serviced by modern high-tech lifts including Glacier Bus 3 with 24 person cabins capable of uplifting 3000 skiers per hour from the bottom to the top of the glacier.
The little village of Hintertux itself, at the head of the valley, has thermal springs. Apart from skiing there are more than 250 km of hiking trails and active sports like paragliding, canyoning, flying fox and caving are offered.
WHY TO VISIT THIS DESTINATION
- unique experience – skiing in Summer
- close destination
- high level of service standards in offered hotels/ perfect wellness and spa/
- for not sportive people – lots of possibilities for nice walks or spa and welness visit
- very attractive sport/teambuilding programme – adrenalin water sports activities
ACCOMODATION IN HINTERTUX:
HOTEL GLETSCHER & SPA NEUHINTERTUX**** Set against the beautiful backdrop of the Hintertux Glacier, Hotel Gletscher & Spa Neuhintertux is directly at the ski slope next to the valley station of the Zillertaler Gletscherbahn cable car.
This family-run hotel offers comfortable and lovingly furnished rooms, suites and apartments with balcony and all modern amenities.
A 750 m² wellness and beauty area is located on the top floor of the Neuhintertux and offers direct panoramic views of the glacier.
The restaurant serves a wide range of delicious Austrian and international dishes.
Hotel is situated about 90minutes far from the Innsbruck airport.
- Adrenalin Water Sport Activities – Canyoning, Tubing, Rafting
- beautiful hikes with cable car rides
- Summer Skiing on the glacier
- Mountain Bike routes
- Visit Of Nature´s Ice Palace
- Wellness and Spa
Duration 2:30 minuts from Prague with one stopover Vienna, Austria Airlines – several times a day. Prices start from 325EUR per person. Or by car – 6hrs drive from Prague.