Hungary’s capital city Budapest is actually made up of 3 unified cities, with Buda and Óbuda on the west bank of the Danube and Pest on the east bank. Much of the city has been granted UNESCO World Heritage Site status, and many visitors consider the city to be amongst the most beautiful cities in Europe. The city successfully mixes its fascinating history with a brilliant, laid-back contemporary artistic style. There are a wide range of different things for visitors to see and do, from museums to thermal spas. Take a dip in one of the city’s famous baths, savor the local cuisine, check out some of the cool, funky shops featuring homegrown designs, walk across the Chain Bridge or just sit, relax and people-watch at one of the great downtown cafés.
WHY TO VISIT THIS DESTINATION
- one of “must visit“ destinations in Europe
- unique experience – history and architecture
- Hot springs make the city into a spa playground
- It’s a food capital, and for good reason
- perfect flight connections and times – 1:25mins
- train connection – direct train from Prague 6times a day – 6:45hrs
- Therme and Spa experience and hotels
- Budapest is one of the cheapest spots in Europe right now
ACCOMODATION IN BUDAPEST:
Danubius Hotel Helia **** This is a wellness hotel with a wide range of fitness and spa services for guests in need of some pampering. However, it’s also a fully equipped conference hotel with all the facilities to host top quality professional events. The wellness and conference hotel is located in Budapest’s dynamic XIIIth district, on the bank of the Danube. The city centre is just 15 minutes away, while the nearby Margaret Island offers a host of recreational activities – from cycling, tennis and swimming to relaxing walks in beautiful parkland.
Another accomodation tip: Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget, Budapest ****
- Castle Hill with a walking tour
- Danube cruise for beautiful panoramic views of Buda and Pest
- performance at the world famous Budapest Opera House
- traditional Hungarian food at Central Market Hall
- relax in one of Budapest’s famous baths – one of the city’s most sophisticated thermal baths -Baroque Széchenyi Spa
- Walk across Chain Bridge, the first bridge to connect Buda and Pest
- Visit Hungary’s Parliament Building, see the amazing architecture and the Hungarian Crown Jewels
Duration 1:25minuts from Prague. Czech Airlines 2 times a day. Prices start from 75EUR per person.